This page explains how to complete Sym-a-Pix interactive puzzles.
Sym-a-Pix puzzles can be played interactively on the computer, offering many features and advantages compared to pencil and paper. This section explains everything about how to play Sym-a-Pix on the computer.
Sym-a-Pix interactive is played by drawing walls on the grid. First click on the grid draws a wall and the second click removes the wall. Multiple walls may be drawn or removed by dragging the mouse.
Marking squares is a useful feature to show which squares belong to a specific dot. First click on a square marks it with X and the second click removes the X. Multiple squares may be marked or cleared by dragging the mouse. All marks in the grid may be cleared by clicking the Clear marks button on the toolbar or using Delete or Spacebar on the keyboard.
When all walls surrounding a dot are completed, the block is painted according to the color of the dot (if the Paint completed blocks preference is checked) and a sound is activated. When the last block of the puzzle is completed correctly, a congratulations message together with a thumbnail of the puzzle will pop up.
All game functions are accessed through the toolbar. For some toolbar buttons, keyboard shortcut keys are also available as listed below.
Enlarge small puzzles for best viewing on your screen.
Reduce large puzzles for best fit on your screen.
Undo (Keyboard: U)
Go back as many steps in the game as you want.
Redo (Keyboard: R)
Go forward after using Undo as many steps as you want.
Restart puzzle to solve from the beginning.
Check puzzle (Keyboard: C)
Check all filled and blanked squares for errors.
Clear marks (Keyboard: Delete, Spacebar)
Clear all X marks in the grid.
Show preview and elapsed solving time.
Show solution of the puzzle. Using this button will also end the game.
Open Preferences dialog box. New preferences will be automatically saved on the computer.
- Auto solve starting points: Check this box to automatically draw walls between adjacent squares containing dots or fractions of dots.
- Show errors: Check this box to show errors while the puzzle is solved.
- Paint completed blocks: Check this box to paint a block when completed.
- Auto complete symmetrical walls: Check this box to automatically draw walls adjacent to a dot according to the rule of rotational symmetry.
- Sound on: Check this box to turn sound on.
Open About dialog box to see puzzle size, difficulty, ID, title and other information.
Open Sym-a-Pix Interactive page you are reading now.
Open Print dialog box. New print options will be automatically saved on the computer.
- Puzzle: Select to print puzzle.
- Solution: Select to print solution.
- Current state: Select to print current solution state.
- Preferred image scale: Reduce or enlarge printout.
- Attempt to reduce to page: Check this box to fit large puzzles on a single page. When this box is unchecked, large puzzles will print in multiple pages according to selected scaling.
- Attempt to enlarge to page: Check this box to fit small puzzles on a whole page. When this box is unchecked, small puzzles will print according to selected scaling.
- Select optimal orientation: Check this box to automatically select puzzle orientation.
Save puzzle (Keyboard: S)
Save current state of the puzzle.
Logic Puzzles are provided courtesy of www.conceptispuzzles.com.