This page explains how to complete Hitori interactive puzzles.
Hitori puzzles can be played interactively on the computer, offering many features and advantages compared to pencil and paper. This section explains everything about how to play Hitori on the computer.
Shading and un-shading squares
Hitori interactive is played by shading and un-shading squares in a grid. First click un-shades the square, second click shades the square and the third click brings the square back to its original state. Mouse clicking order may be reversed using the Preferences dialog box.
All game functions are accessed through the toolbar. For some toolbar buttons, keyboard shortcut keys are also available as listed below. Toolbar may be positioned horizontally or vertically using the rotate button on the left edge, and relocated anywhere in the game by dragging its frame.
Enlarge small puzzles for best viewing on your screen.
Reduce large puzzles for best fit on your screen.
Undo (Keyboard: U)
Go back as many steps in the game as you want.
Redo (Keyboard: R)
Go forward after using Undo as many steps as you want.
Restart puzzle to solve from the beginning.
Check puzzle (Keyboard: C)
Check all shaded and un-shaded squares for errors.
Show elapsed solving time.
Show solution of the puzzle. Using this button will also end the game.
Open Preferences dialog box. New preferences will be automatically saved on the computer.
- Show conflicts: Check this box to automatically show conflicts during the game. A conflict means two shaded squares are adjacent to each other or two un-shaded squares with the same number are in the same row or column.
- Auto complete: Check this box to automatically shade squares when a square with the same number is un-shaded in a row or a column or un-shade adjacent squares when a square is shaded.
- Show gridlines: Check this box to show the puzzle gridlines.
- Reverse clicks order: Check this box to reverse mouse button clicking order. In the reverse order, first click shades the square, second click un-shades the square and the third click brings the square back to its original state.
Open About dialog box to see puzzle size, difficulty, ID, title and other information.
Open Hitori Interactive page you are reading now.
Open Print dialog box. New print options will be automatically saved on the computer.
- Puzzle: Select to print puzzle.
- Solution: Select to print solution.
- Current state: Select to print current solution state.
- Preferred image scale: Reduce or enlarge printout.
- Attempt to reduce to page: Check this box to fit large puzzles on a single page. When this box is unchecked, large puzzles will print in multiple pages according to selected scaling.
- Attempt to enlarge to page: Check this box to fit small puzzles on a whole page. When this box is unchecked, small puzzles will print according to selected scaling.
- Select optimal orientation: Check this box to automatically select puzzle orientation.
Save puzzle (Keyboard: S)
Save current state of the puzzle.
Logic Puzzles are provided courtesy of www.conceptispuzzles.com.