This page explains how to complete Hashi interactive puzzles.
Hashi puzzles can be played interactively on the computer, offering many features and advantages compared to pencil and paper. This section explains everything about how to play Hashi Interactive.
Connecting and removing bridges
Hashi interactive is played by connecting bridges between islands. Point mouse on an island, move arrow in the direction of the bridge you want to connect and click when only one bridge area remains highlighted. First click connects one bridge, second click connects a second bridges and the third click removes all bridges.
When the correct number of bridges is connected to an island, the corresponding clue inside the island will turn green and an X will appear to indicate the island is completed.
Highlighting island segments
Highlighting an island segment is helpful when checking whether isolation is about to occur. To highlight an island segment, click mouse on any of the islands belonging to the segment.
All game functions are accessed through the toolbar. For some toolbar buttons, keyboard shortcut keys are also available as listed below.
Enlarge small puzzles for best viewing on your screen.
Reduce large puzzles for best fit on your screen.
Undo (Keyboard: U)
Go back as many steps in the game as you want.
Redo (Keyboard: R)
Go forward after using Undo as many steps as you want.
Restart puzzle to solve from the beginning.
Check puzzle (Keyboard: C)
Check all connected bridges for errors.
Show elapsed solving time.
Show solution of the puzzle. Using this button will also end the game.
Open Preferences dialog box. New preferences will be automatically saved on the computer.
- Auto check completed islands: Check this box to automatically show bridge errors during the game. Bridge errors, if any, will only be shown when the correct number of bridges is connected.
- Highlight allowed bridge directions: Check this box to highlight allowed bridge directions when pointing mouse on an island.
Open About dialog box to see puzzle size, difficulty, ID, title and other information.
Open Hashi Interactive page you are reading now.
Open Print dialog box. New print options will be automatically saved on the computer.
- Puzzle: Select to print puzzle.
- Solution: Select to print solution.
- Current state: Select to print current solution state.
- Preferred image scale: Reduce or enlarge printout.
- Attempt to reduce to page: Check this box to fit large puzzles on a single page. When this box is unchecked, large puzzles will print in multiple pages according to selected scaling.
- Attempt to enlarge to page: Check this box to fit small puzzles on a whole page. When this box is unchecked, small puzzles will print according to selected scaling.
- Select optimal orientation: Check this box to automatically select puzzle orientation.
Save puzzle (Keyboard: S)
Save current state of the puzzle.
Logic Puzzles are provided courtesy of www.conceptispuzzles.com.