This page explains how to complete Fill-a-Pix interactive puzzles.
Fill-a-Pix puzzles can be played interactively on the computer, offering many features and advantages compared to pencil and paper. This section explains everything about how to play Fill-a-Pix Interactive.
Filling and blanking squares
Fill-a-Pix interactive is played by filling or blanking squares in a grid. First click fills a square, second click displays an X to indicate the square is blank and third click brings the square back to its original state. Multiple squares may be filled or blanked by dragging the mouse.
Using Smart-fill cursor
Smart-fill cursor is an easy way to fill or blank remaining empty squares surrounding a clue with a single click. When Smart-fill cursor is in the show mode, move red box using mouse or arrow keys over the desired clue and then click spacebar or double click the edge of the red box with the mouse. Remaining empty squares around the clue will either fill or blank. Clicking Delete key will clear all 9 squares.
Completing a clue
When all 9 squares around a clue are completed, the clue turns gray and a sound is activated. To finish the game, all squares must be either filled or blanked according to the rules. When the last square of the puzzle is filled or blanked correctly, a congratulations message together with a thumbnail of the puzzle will pop up.
All game functions are accessed through the toolbar. For some toolbar buttons, keyboard shortcut keys are also available as listed below.
Enlarge small puzzles for best viewing on your screen.
Reduce large puzzles for best fit on your screen.
Undo (Keyboard: U)
Go back as many steps in the game as you want.
Redo (Keyboard: R)
Go forward after using Undo as many steps as you want.
Click to show or hide Smart-fill cursor.
Restart puzzle to solve from the beginning.
Check puzzle (Keyboard: C)
Check all filled and blanked squares for errors
Show preview and elapsed solving time.
Show solution of the puzzle. Using this button will also end the game.
Open Preferences dialog box. New preferences will be automatically saved on the computer.
- Auto fill starting clues: Check this box to automatically fill all starting clues – 9 inside the puzzle, 6 on the sides, 4 in the corners and 0 anywhere.
- Show errors: Check this box to show errors while the puzzle is solved.
Open About dialog box to see puzzle size, difficulty, ID, title and other information.
Open Fill-a-Pix Interactive page you are reading now.
Open Print dialog box. New print options will be automatically saved on the computer.
- Puzzle: Select to print puzzle.
- Solution: Select to print solution.
- Current state: Select to print current solution state.
- Preferred image scale: Reduce or enlarge printout.
- Attempt to reduce to page: Check this box to fit large puzzles on a single page. When this box is unchecked, large puzzles will print in multiple pages according to selected scaling.
- Attempt to enlarge to page: Check this box to fit small puzzles on a whole page. When this box is unchecked, small puzzles will print according to selected scaling.
- Select optimal orientation: Check this box to automatically select puzzle orientation.
Save puzzle (Keyboard: S)
Save current state of the puzzle.
Logic Puzzles are provided courtesy of www.conceptispuzzles.com.